Information Technology Sample Paper Class 12 Term-1 2021-22
Subject Code: 802
Max. Time Allowed: 90 Minutes
Max. Marks: 30
Check Term 2 Sample Paper here
1. This Question Paper is divided into 03 sections, viz., Section A, Section B and Section C.
2. Section A is of 05 marks and has 06 questions on Employability Skills.
3. Section B is of 20 marks and has 25 questions on Subject specific Skills.
4. Section C is of 05 marks and has 07 competency-based questions.
Answer any 5 questions out of the given 6 questions on Employability Skills (1 x 5 = 5 marks)
1. Active listening is important in workplace because if we actively listen to other people (select the one which is not correct)
a) they will be more interested in communicating with us.
b) we can develop a long-term working relationship with others.
c) we can easily identify challenges and difficulties others are facing and provide solutions to it
d) we will become more popular in the workplace. ✓
2. Which of the following personality trait fall in the Big Five popular personality classification:?
a) Gregarious ✓
3. The contents of cell A1, A2, A3, and A4 in a Spreadsheet application are 10, 15, 20, 25 respectively. If the formula =COUNT(A1:A4) is entered in cell A5, ___________ value will be displayed in A5.
c) 45 ✓
4. What not to do during an interview
a) Do take notes
b) Let your achievements speak for you.
c) Answer questions fast and use slangs.
d) Ask questions ✓
5. ________________Is a condition in which people seek excessive attention and admiration and lack of empathy
b) Narcissistic ✓
6. What will be displayed, if the following formula is entered in cell A1 in a spreadsheet application
= 6^2 + 15/3 *2 – 7
a) 39 ✓
Answer any 20 questions out of the given 25 questions (1 x 20 = 20 marks)
7. Which of the following is a disadvantage of web based applications:
a) They do not need be installed.
b) They are available 24X7.
c) They are slow as compared to software based applications. ✓
d) They offer cross platform compatibility.
8. Internet transactions are susceptible to frauds. Creating a strong password is vital. A strong password has:
a) 6-8 Alphanumeric characters
b) Special symbols
c) Only numbers
d) Both a and b ✓
9. DEITY stands for:
a) Department of Electrical and Information Technology
b) Department of Electronics and Information Technology ✓
c) Department of Electronics and Informatics Technology
d) Department of Electrical and Informatics Technology
10. Which SQL keyword is used to display the data based on certain pattern?
a) LIKE ✓
11. Sagun is creating a table SALESMAN with fields Salesman number, Name, Total Sales. She doesn’t want the Total Sales column to be remain unfilled i.e. she wants to make entry in this field mandatory. Which constraint she should use at the time of creating SALESMAN table:
c) Not null ✓
d) Primary key
12. Ranjana wants to delete the records where name starts with A from the table
CUSTOMER having fields Name, Amount, Discount. Identify the correct command:
a) Delete CUSTOMER where name like “A%”;
b) Delete from CUSTOMER where name like “A%”; ✓
c) Delete CUSTOMER where name = “A%”;
d) Delete from CUSTOMER where name = “A%”;
13. Consider a table STAFF:
Select the command which will count the number of people in each city.
a) SELECT COUNT(City) , City FROM STAFF WHERE GROUP BY City;
b) SELECT COUNT(City) , City FROM STAFF GROUP BY City; ✓
c) SELECT COUNT(City) , City FROM STAFF WHERE ORDER BY City;
d) SELECT COUNT(City) , City FROM STAFF ORDER BY City;
14. Consider the Table EMPLOYEE given below:
Name Zone Age Dept
Harit West 28 10
Kritika Centre 30 10
Naveen East 40 20
Uday North 38 30
Nupur East 24 20
Moksh South 28 10
Shelly North 24 30
Choose the correct query/queries that will give the following output:
i) Select Name from EMPLOYEE where DEPT in (10);
ii) Select Name from EMPLOYEE where AGE between 25 and 30;
iii) Select Name from EMPLOYEE where NAME like “%i%”;
iv) Select Name from EMPLOYEE where ZONE in (“West”, “Centre”, ”South”);
Choose the correct option
a) Only (i)
b) Both (i) and (ii)
c) Both (ii) and (iv)
d) All (i), (ii) and (iv) ✓
15. The ______________command is used to modify the structure of the table STUDENT in MySQL.
a) Modify table STUDENT
b) Alter table STUDENT ✓
c) Alter STUDENT
d) Modify STUDENT
16. Consider a table FACTORY:
Reema wants to calculate the average production of the years 2008-2012. Help her select the correct SQL command for it:
a) SELECT AVERAGE(Production) from FACTORY;
b) SELECT AVERAGE(Production) from FACTORY group by Production;
c) SELECT SUM(Production) from FACTORY;
d) SELECT AVG(Production) from FACTORY; ✓
17. The National Portal of India provides a single window access to information and services being provided by the various Indian Government entities Which of the following is the website for the National Portal of India:
a) india.gov.in ✓
18. Online shopping is an e-commerce application where the customer can purchase goods over the Internet. There are several websites where the customer can go for online shopping. Select from the options given below which of the following is not an online shopping website:
c) coursera.org ✓
19. Garvit wants to change the default value of DISCOUNT in the CUSTOMER table from 10 to 15. Select the most appropriate command to do the same from the following options:
a) ALTER TABLE CUSTOMER ALTER DISCOUNT SET DEFAULT 15; ✓
b) ALTER TABLE CUSTOMER DELETE DISCOUNT SET DEFAULT 15;
c) ALTER TABLE CUSTOMER MODIFY DISCOUNT SET DEFAULT 15;
d) ALTER TABLE CUSTOMER CHANGE DISCOUNT SET DEFAULT 15;
20. Consider a table: COACHING having fields CITY_NAME, ENROLMENTS. Shikhar wants to display the data of the above table in ascending order of enrolments.
Choose the correct query/queries from the following:
i) Select * from coaching order by enrolments asc;
ii) Select * from coaching order by enrolments desc;
iii) Select * from coaching order by enrolments;
iv) Select * from coaching order by enrolments ascending;
Select the correct option:
a) Only (i) is correct
b) Both (i) and (ii) are correct
c) Both (i) and (iii) are correct ✓
d) Only (iv) is correct
21. Geeta wants to know the usage of NULL in MySQL. Help her choose in which of the following case NULL value cannot be assigned to the column Admission_Number:
a) When the Admission_Number is zero ✓
b) When the Admission_Number is not known
c) When the Admission_Number is not available
d) When the Admission_Number is not applicable
22. _________are real time lectures, where users participate, may ask questions, and get their queries answered.
a) Interactive tutorials
b) Video tutorials
c) Power Point Presentation
d) Webinars ✓
23. There are four main phases of development a Web Application Project.
Statement 1: The scope of the application is decided in the first phase.
Statement 2: The data connectivity is established between the Front-End interface and Back-End Database in the implementation phase.
Select the correct option:
a) Only Statement 1 is correct
b) Only Statement 2 is correct
c) Both Statement 1 and Statement 2 are correct ✓
d) None of the above statements are correct
24. Which of the following is NOT an advantage of DBMS approach:
a) All the data is stored at one place. There is no repetition of the same data.
b) There is a single copy of data that is accessed or updated by all the users.
c) The DBA can provide security to the database by controlling users’ database access rights.
d) Designing the database specifications and writing application programs is a time-consuming process. ✓
25. An attribute A of datatype varchar(20) has the value “Keshav”. The attribute B of datatype char(20) has value ”Meenakshi”. How many characters are occupied in attribute A and attribute B?
b) 6,20 ✓
26. Consider the table ‘empsal’.
ID Salary Dept
Q101 54000 10
Q103 67000 20
Q105 75000 20
Q109 NULL 30
Read the following two commands carefully:
i) select COUNT(salary) from empsal;
ii) select COUNT(*) from empsal;
Choose the correct option:
a) Both i and ii will give the same output as 3.
b) The output of i is 3 and the output of ii is 4. ✓
c) Both i and ii will give the same output as 4.
d) The output of i is 4 and the output of ii is 3.
27. Cardinality of a table is four and degree is three. If two columns and four rows are added to the table what will be the new degree and cardinality of the given table:
a) 5,8 ✓
28. Consider a table ‘SCORE’:
ROLLNO NAME STREAM OPTIONAL
1 Greesha Science 10
2 Satish Commerce 30
3 Teena NULL 20
4 Yasmine Humanities 10
5 Yashika Science 10
5 Lalit Humanities 20
Reema wants to display names of those students who have not been assigned any stream. Help her select the correct query:
a) Select name from SCORE where stream =NULL;
b) Select name from SCORE where stream =null;
c) Select name from SCORE where stream = “ “;
d) Select name from SCORE where stream is NULL; ✓
29. Consider the table SCORE in Q28. Select the correct query from the options given below to display the names of all streams only once.
a) Select distinct stream from score; ✓
b) Select distinct(stream) from score;
c) Select unique stream from score;
d) Select stream from score where stream = distinct;
30. Online reservation systems are advantageous both for the company providing reservation services and for the consumer who uses the online reservation system for booking.
i) User can read reviews posted by people while making choices during reservation.
ii) More man-power is required by providers to ensure smooth functioning.
Choose the correct justification to the statement given above:
a) Only i ✓
b) Only ii
c) Both i and ii
d) Neither i nor ii
31. Reeta is going to her aunt’s house to spend her vacations. To book her rail tickets online she needs to create new account on the reservation portal. Which of the following is NOT a correct step to do the same?
a) Sign up on the reservation portal.
b) Fill the registration form.
c) The fields marked with a star (*) are optional. ✓
d) Click the submit button after filling the form.
(COMPETENCY BASED QUESTIONS)
Answer any 5 questions out of the given 7 questions (1 x 5 = 5 marks)
32. Read the following statements carefully about E-governance
i) It is the use of electronic tools for governance.
ii) It has decreased the transparency in the system.
iii) E-governance empowers the citizens socially and economically.
iv) It enables citizens to access information after paying money.
Choose the correct option from the following:
a) Both i and ii are correct
b) Both ii and iii are correct
c) Both i and iii are correct ✓
d) Only iv is correct
33.Consider a Table STORE shown below:
Consider a table OWNER shown below:
A145 Divyam Prakash
B178 Neha Sultan
D112 Gargi Chhabra
Choose the correct query to display the number of employees present in Delhi and Mumbai.
i) Select SUM(noofemployee), Location from STORE group by location HAVING location in (“Delhi”,”Mumbai”);
ii) Select SUM(noofemployee), Location from STORE group by location WHERE location in (“Delhi”,”Mumbai”);
iii) Select SUM(noofemployee), Location from STORE group by location HAVING location =“Delhi” and location=”Mumbai”;
iv) Select SUM(noofemployee), Location from STORE group by location WHERE location =“Delhi” or
Choose the correct option:
a) Both i and ii
b) Both ii and iii
c) Both iii and iv
d) Both i and iii ✓
StoreId StoreName Location NoOfEmployee OpeningYear OwnerId
S101 Libas Delhi 45 2007 A145
S102 Life Style Mumbai 68 2000 B178
S103 Vogue Mumbai 50 1999 B178
S104 Pantaloon Chennai 78 2004 D112
Delhi 80 2020 A145
34. Consider the table STORE given in Q33. Choose the correct query to display Stores names, Location and Date of Opening of stores that were opened before 2015.
a) Select storename, location, OpeningYear from store where OpeningYear <”2015”; ✓
b) Select storename, location, OpeningYear from store where OpeningYear >”2015”;
c) Select storename, location, OpeningYear from store where OpeningYear =2015;
d) Select storename, location, OpeningYear from store where OpeningYear !=2015;
35. Consider the table STORE given in Q33. Radhika wants to add a new column SALE on type integer to the table. Choose the correct query for the same:
a) Add column SALE integer;
b) Alter table add SALE integer;
c) Alter table store add SALE integer; ✓
d) Alter table store modify SALE integer;
36. Consider the table STORE and OWNER given in Q33. Seema wants to display StoreName and OwnerName of all stores in Mumbai. Help her select the correct query from the options given below:
a) Select StoreName, OwnerName from STORE, OWNER where store.OwnerId=Owner.OwnerId or Location=”Mumbai”;
b) Select StoreName, OwnerName from STORE, OWNER where store.OwnerId=Owner.OwnerId and Location=”Mumbai”; ✓
c) Select StoreName, OwnerName from STORE, OWNER where Location=”Mumbai”;
d) Select StoreName, OwnerName from STORE, OWNER where OwnerId=OwnerId and Location=”Mumbai”;
37. Consider the table STORE given in Q33. Radhika wants to display the following output:
Store Id Store Name No Of Employee
S101 Libas 45
S102 Life Style 68
Choose the correct command:
i) Select StoreId, StoreName, NoOfEmployee from STORE where StoreId=102 or StoreId=101;
ii) Select StoreId, StoreName, NoOfEmployee from STORE where StoreName=”Libas” or StoreName=”Life Style”;
iii) Select StoreId, StoreName, NoOfEmployee from STORE where Location=”Delhi” or Location=”Mumbai”;
iv) Select StoreId, StoreName, NoOfEmployee from STORE where StoreName like ”L%”;
Choose the correct option:
a) (i) and (ii) are correct
b) (i), (ii) and (iii) are correct
c) (i), (ii) and (iv) are correct ✓
d) All are correct
38. Rajat is compiling a detailed list with a clear description of application features of his project and recognizing the limitations that are placed on the project. Out of the given options choose the phase of the project in which Rajat is currently in:
a) Requirements Definition Phase ✓
b) Testing Phase
c) Implementation Phase
d) Design Phase
Comments are closed.