CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper pdf
1) The question paper comprises four sections A, B, C and D. There are 36 questions in the question paper.
All questions are compulsory.
2) Section–A – question no. 1 to 20 – all questions and parts thereof are of one mark each.
3) These questions contain multiple choice questions (MCQs), very short answer questions and assertion –
reason type questions. Answers to these should be given in one word or one sentence.
4) Section–B – question no. 21 to 26 are short answer type questions, carrying 2 marks each. Answers to
these questions should in the range of 30 to 50 words.
5) Section–C – question no. 27 to 33 are short answer type questions, carrying 3 marks each. Answers to
these questions should in the range of 50 to 80 words.
6) Section–D – question no. – 34 to 36 are long answer type questions carrying 5 marks each. Answer to
these questions should be in the range of 80 to 120 words.
7) There is no overall choice. However, internal choices have been provided in some questions. A student
has to attempt only one of the alternatives in such questions.
8) Wherever necessary, neat and properly labeled diagrams should be drawn.