Class 11 Informatics Practices Term 2 Sample Paper Set-1
Subject: Informatics Practices
Subject Code: 065
Maximum Marks: 35/Time: 2 hours
The question paper is divided into 3 sections – A, B and C
Section A, consists of 7 questions (1-7). Each question carries 2 marks.
Section B, consists of 3 questions (8-10). Each question carries 3 marks.
Section C, consists of 3 questions( 11-13). Each question carries 4 marks.
Internal choices have been given for question numbers – 1 ,4, 8 and 12.
Section –A (2 marks each)
1. Differentiate between Candidate Key and Alternate Key with an example.
Differentiate between DDL and DML with example.
2. Ms Purva wants to create a database with her name,and then she wants to switch to the newly created database.Help her to write both the SQL statements.
3. Mr. Anirban has created a database named “virtual” using mysql command and created few tables inside it,now he wants to check what are tables he has created.What query he should write to print list of all the tables inside the database? What command he should write to remove the database “virtual”?
4. What do you understand by the Internet of Things? List some of its potential applications.
List some of the cloud-based services that you are using at present.
5. Among the following commands choose DDL and DML commands separately
6. Differentiate between DELETE and DROP command, add one example too.
7. Subhee has created a table named Orders, she has been asked to increase the value of a column named salesamount by 20. She has written the following query for the same.
Alter table Orders Add salesamount =salesamount+20;
But it is not solving the purpose.
i)Rewrite the correct query.
ii) Now Subhee wants to remove the table Orders from Database.Write the appropriate query.
Section –B (3 marks each)
8. Check the following table:-
|S001||M010||10 AM to 12 PM|
|S002||M020||2 PM to 5 PM|
|S003||M010||6 PM to 8 PM|
|S004||M011||9 PM to 11 PM|
i)Write SQL command to display the structure of the table SCHEDULE
ii)Write SQL command to create one new row in the table.
iii)Write SQL command to add a new column “Revenue” to the table SCHEDULE
Check the following table and answer the questions below.
|1001||Plastic Folder 14″||100||3400||2014-12-14|
|1004||Pen Stand Standard||200||4500||2015-01-31|
|1009||Punching Machine Small||200||1400||2015-03-12|
i)Sabina wants to print the above table in descending order of Price,help her to write the quote.
ii)Now Sabina wants to remove the column Transaction Date,what command she should write?
iii)Sabina wants to print the details of the items whose name has “t” as the second letter.Help her write the query.
9. Write a short note on the following:
a) Cloud computing
b) Big data and its characteristics
c) Artificial Intelligence
10. Raman has to create a database named MYEARTH in MYSQL. She now needs to create a table named FARES in the database to store the records of various cities across the globe. The table FARES has the following structure:
Help him to complete the task by suggesting appropriate SQL commands.
Section –C (4 marks each)
11. See the following table and solve the questions :-
i)What is the Degree and Cardinality of the table Flight.
ii)Which attribute should be the primary key of the table?
iii)Write the statement to assign primary key to the table.
iv)Write statement to delete all rows from the table.
12. Check the table Stock given below:-
Write SQL queries for the following:
(a) To display the records in decreasing order of quantity.
(b) To display category and quantity of the Products if quantity is ranged between 10 to 15.
(c) To display the details of the products whose name starts with “M”
(d) To increase the price of all the monitors by 100.
13. Consider the following tables DRESS . Write outputs of SQL commands for the statements (i) to (iv)
i) SELECT * FROM DRESS WHERE MCODE= ‘M001’;
ii) SELECT DESCRIPTION,TYPE FROM DRESS WHERE PRICE>=1250 ;
iii) SELECT * FROM MATERIAL WHERE DESCRIPTION LIKE “%T” ;
iv) SELECT DISTINCT PRICE FROM DRESS ;
See the following table and Write output for i) to iv)
i) Select ENO,Name,Gender from EMPLOYEE order by ENO;
ii) Select Name from EMPLOYEE where Gender=”MALE”;
iii) Select Eno,Name from EMPLOYEE where DOB between ‘1987-01-01’ and ‘1991-12-01’;
iv) select NAME from EMPLOYEE where GENDER=”FEMALE” and DOJ> ‘1986-01-01’;
Source: KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN, VARANASI REGION