Class 10 Information Technology 402 Term 2 Sample Paper Set 3
Max. Time Allowed: 1 Hour (60 min)
Maximum Marks: 25
This Question Paper is divided into 03 sections, viz., Section A, Section B and Section C.
Attempt any 3 of the 4 questions. (1 x 3 = 3 marks)
1. Write one quality anyone must possess to be a successful entrepreneur.
Ans.Creative, take responsibility, do not give up, confident – any one of these.
2. Write one impacts of COVID-19 on entrepreneurship?
Ans.Loss of turnover and market value.
3. What are 2 myths related to entrepreneurs?
Ans.Following are the myths related to entrepreneurs:
i) Required a lot of money to start a business.
ii) Sure success if you start small.
4. What are the 2 challenges in sustainable development?
Ans.1. Lack of financial resources
2. Rapid urbanization
Attempt any 1 of the 2 questions. (2 x 1 = 2 marks)
5. What are the roles of an entrepreneur?
Ans. Some significant roles played by entrepreneurs:
i) Mobilisation of public wealth
ii) Creating employment opportunities
iii) Contribution in economic growth
iv) Enhancing living standards of people
6. List some examples of how you can contribute to attain sustainable development in your locality.
Ans.We can contribute to attain sustainable development in our locality by adopting following practices:-
i) Turn off appliances when not in use.
ii) Use refillable water bottles instead of buying every time.
iii) Use reusable cloth bags rather than plastic
iv) More focus on plantation.
Attempt any 4 of the 6 questions. (1 x 4 = 4 marks)
7. By default, all the fields in a table being created have which of the following data type?
8. Which property defines the number of characters or letters to be entered in a text type of field?
Ans. LENGTH property
9. List any 3 alphanumeric data types in Base.
Ans. Varchar, Char, Varchar_ignorecase
10. Which medium on internet contains millions of websites that provide information in different ways?
Ans. World Wide Web.
11. What is the main purpose of a first aid kit?
Ans. The main purpose of first aid is to keep the patient alive until health care arrives.
12. ________ tells the keyboard to ignore brief or repeated keystrokes, making typing easier for people with trembling hands.
Ans. Filter Keys
Attempt any 4 of the 6 questions. (2 x 4 = 8 marks)
13. When should we choose to use Design view over table design using wizard?
Ans.Wizard is useful in creating a table quickly using an existing template. Wizard is useful for the beginners in using the database application.
Table Design view provides complete control to the user to specify fields, their types and to set various properties of each field.
14. What do you mean by referential integrity?
Ans. Referential integrity is the way to ensure that accurate and consistent data is stored in the tables with minimised data redundancy. It is a way to minimise redundant data. It also ensures accurate data storage by checking that foreign key values entered match with the primary key values, by preventing unnecessary deletion or update of data. If user needs, it also ensures that if a primary key value is deleted or updated, the matching records in other related tables also delete or get updated through cascade effect.
15. Why is it important to plan the complete design of the table before creating it in Design View despite the fact that the table can always be modified later?
Ans. We can modify the table structure in Design View any time later also as and when we need but it is a good practice to plan the table designs first. The reason is that after the records are entered in the table and then we realise that a field needs to be modified, removed or added then any change may conflict with the already set properties of the filed or in case of field removal it will lead to data loss. So, to avoid such hassles after data is entered we must either plan the table designs first or at least modify them before any data is entered in the table.
16. What do you mean by sticky keys?
Ans. Sticky keys allow the user to keep the key active when it is pressed once and when any other key is pressed then it is processed by the computer with the currently active key.
For example, if user has pressed Window key on the keyboard then it will remain active. Now, if user clicks only letter E then it will be interpreted as Windows+E and Windows Explorer will open up.
17. Explain the Buddy system for workplace safety.
Ans. Buddy system is a risk control measure in workplace safety wherein two co-workers are paired as part of safety management practice with the responsibility to ensure mutual safety at work place. Each member of the work group is observed by at least one other employee in the work group. The primary purpose of this system is to provide instant aid to employees in any emergent situation at workplace.
18. What must a user do to ensure security on internet?
Ans. To ensure the security on internet one must practice the following methods:
i) Use strong passwords, with combination of letters in both cases, numbers, and special characters which makes a password difficult to crack or guessed by others.
ii) Regularly backup your data on an offline storage like external drive, disc or tape drive etc.
iii) Encrypt data by using a good encryption software.
(COMPETENCY BASED QUESTIONS)
Attempt any 2 of the 3 questions. (4 x 2 = 8 marks)
19. Anu has following table. She has certain queries to be made. Her requirements are given below. Write query statements for each of the requirement.
Contact (Contact_Number char(10) primary key, Name varchar(100), City varchar(100), email varchar(50), BirthMonth varchar(15), BirthYear int)
i) See details of people born in the months starting with letters JU.
ii) Whose names begin with letter R and end with letter A and have exactly 7 letters?
iii) Show the email IDs of those having contact numbers ending with number 5.
iv) Who all have email IDs on gmail.com?
i) Select * from Contact where BirthMonth Like ‘JU*’
ii) Select Name from Contact where Name Like ‘R?????A’
iii) Select email from Contact where Contact_Number Like ‘*5′
iv) Select Name from Contact where email Like ‘*gmail.com’
20. Explain the process of data transfer on internet.
Ans. The data is broken into same sized pieces called packets. A header is added to each packet containing data source address, destination address and packet sequence. Then, each packet is sent from computer to computer until it finds its destination. Each computer on the way decides where next to send the packet. At the destination, the packets are examined. If any packets are missing or damaged, a message is sent for them to be re-sent. This continues until all packets have been received intact. Finally, the packets are reassembled into original data.
21. Explain the important fire safety environment and equipment included at the workplace.
Ans. Fire-safe work environment includes:
i) Proper ventilation at workplace.
ii) Emergency exits.
iii) Safe electrical, LPG and water supply fittings.
iv) Suitable safety against any inflammable material.
v) Means to check and handle overcrowding.
vi) Practice of safety rules by all at workplace.
Fire safety equipment includes:
i) Fire extinguishing equipment.
ii) Fire alarm