Important Green Skills questions IT 402 Class 10
1. What are the benefits of green space to our environment?
Ans. Green spaces are a great benefit to our environment. They filter pollutants and dust from the air, they provide shade and lower temperatures in urban areas, and they even reduce erosion of soil into our waterways.
2. What is sustainable economic growth and development?
Ans. Sustainable economic growth is economic development that attempts to satisfy the needs of humans but in a manner that sustains natural resources and the environment for future generations. It is about providing motivations for businesses and other organizations to follow to sustainability guidelines beyond their normal judicial requirements.
3. What are the key factors of sustainable economic development?
Ans. The key factors of sustainable economic development are to lift people out of poverty, strengthen economic and environmental flexibility by providing job, incentives, supply and demand, natural resource accounting, cost/price, etc.
4. Name the different social issues seen in the society.
Ans. These social issues relate to our well-being and include aspects like healthcare, education, housing, employment, etc.
5. Name four primary goals of sustainability.
Ans. The primary goals of sustainability are:
The end of poverty and hunger
Better standards of education and healthcare – particularly as it pertains to water quality and better sanitation
To achieve gender equality
Sustainable economic growth while promoting jobs and stronger economies
6. What will happen if you follow energy conservation policy?
Ans. Making use of solar power, geothermal heating and cooling systems and wind energy can significantly reduce a community’s dependency on gas, coal and other forms of energy.
7. What impact does inequality have on sustainable development?
Ans. Inequality not only destroys our collective efforts to achieve economic growth, reduce poverty and increase social flexibility. It also increases political tension and all too often fuels conflict and instability.
8. Name two main causes which creates health problem in society.
Ans. The two main causes are air and water quality.
9. What role does education play in sustainable development?
Ans. Good quality education is an essential tool for achieving a more sustainable world. Education for sustainable development (ESD) promotes the development of the knowledge, skills, understanding, values and actions required to create a sustainable world, which ensures environmental protection and conservation, promotes social equity and encourages economic sustainability.
10. How environmental degradation create problem for sustainable development?
Ans. Environmental degradation create major problems for sustainable development like climate change, water pollution, social biodiversity, ecosystem imbalance, damage to aquatic ecosystems, deforestation and land degradation.
11. What is social development?
Ans. Social development is about awareness of and legislation protection of the health of people from pollution, education and other harmful activities of business.