Introduction to python
Python may be a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language . it had been created by Guido van Rossum during 1985- 1990. Like Perl, Python ASCII text file is additionally available under the GNU General Public License (GPL). This tutorial gives enough understanding on Python programing language .
Why to find out Python?
Python may be a high-level, interpreted, interactive and object-oriented scripting language. Python is meant to be highly readable. It uses English keywords frequently where as other languages use punctuation, and it’s fewer syntactical constructions than other languages.
Python may be a MUST for college kids and dealing professionals to become an excellent programmer specially once they are working in Web Development Domain. i will be able to list down a number of the key advantages of learning Python:
- Python is Interpreted − Python is processed at runtime by the interpreter. you are doing not got to compile your program before executing it. this is often almost like PERL and PHP.
- Python is Interactive − you’ll actually sit at a Python prompt and interact with the interpreter on to write your programs.
- Python is Object-Oriented − Python supports Object-Oriented style or technique of programming that encapsulates code within objects.
- Python may be a Beginner’s Language − Python may be a great language for the beginner-level programmers and supports the event of a good range of applications from simple text processing to WWW browsers to games.
Characteristics of Python
Following are important characteristics of Python Programming −
- It supports functional and structured programming methods also as OOP.
- It are often used as a scripting language or are often compiled to byte-code for building large applications.
- It provides very high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
- It supports automatic garbage pickup .
- It are often easily integrated with C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA, and Java.
Applications of Python
As mentioned before, Python is one among the foremost widely used language over the online . I’m getting to list few of them here:
- Easy-to-learn − Python has few keywords, simple structure, and a clearly defined syntax. this enables the scholar to select up the language quickly.
- Easy-to-read − Python code is more clearly defined and visual to the eyes.
- Easy-to-maintain − Python’s ASCII text file is fairly easy-to-maintain.
- A broad standard library − Python’s bulk of the library is extremely portable and cross-platform compatible on UNIX, Windows, and Macintosh.
- Interactive Mode − Python has support for an interactive mode which allows interactive testing and debugging of snippets of code.
- Portable − Python can run on a good sort of hardware platforms and has an equivalent interface on all platforms.
- Extendable − you’ll add low-level modules to the Python interpreter. These modules enable programmers to feature to or customize their tools to be more efficient.
- Databases − Python provides interfaces to all or any major commercial databases.
- GUI Programming − Python supports GUI applications which will be created and ported to several system calls, libraries and windows systems, like Windows MFC, Macintosh, and therefore the X Window system of Unix.
- Scalable − Python provides a far better structure and support for giant programs than shell scripting.