Term 2 Sample Paper Class 12 Computer Science (083)
Max. Marks: 35
Duration: 2:00 Hrs
1. This question paper contains two parts A and B. Each part is compulsory.
2. Part-A has 8 MCQ questions of 1 mark each, Attempts any 5 questions.
3. Part – B has three sections
Section-I is short answer questions of 2 marks each.
Section-II is long answer questions of 3 marks each.
Section-III is very long answer questions of 4 marks.
4. All programming questions are to be answered using Python Language only.
PART – A
Q. Select the most appropriate option out of the options given for each question. Attempt any 5 questions from no 1 to 8.
1. If a user tries to remove an element from empty Stack, it is called-
a) Empty Collection
2. Which of the following is application of Stack?
a)One Way Traffic
b)A line of ticket seeking people
c)Reversing the order of items
d)Printer shared among four computers
3. Consider the following operation performed on a stack of size 5.
Push(1); Pop();Push(2);Push(3); Pop(); Push(4);Pop();Pop();Push(5);
After the completion of all operation, the number of elements present in stack are:
4. Network in which every computer is capable of playing the role of a client, or a server or both at same time is called-
a)local area network
c)dedicated server network
d)wide area network
5. In computer, converting a digital signal in to an analog signal is called-
6. Which of the following keywords will you use in the following query to display the unique values of the column dept_name?
7. The pattern ‘_ _ _’ matches any string of _______ three characters. ‘_ _ _%’ matches and string of _________ three characters.
8. All aggregate functions except____________ ignore null values in their input collection.
d)none of these
Part B (SECTION – I)
9. Expand the following-
10. Define Web-Hosting?
Give difference between Video Conferencing and Chat.
11. Give difference between CHAR and VARCHAR. Give Example.
12. What do you understand by the terms Candidate Key? What is Cardinality?
13. The SQL SELECT provides clauses for sorting data and for grouping results. Write the names of clauses for these.
Part-B (SECTION – II)
14. Each node of a Stack contains the following information: PINCODE and NAME of city.
Write a PUSHCITY() function to implement push on stack like operation to add a node to Stack.
Write a POPCITY() function to implement pop from stack like operation to remove a node(same as above) from Stack.
15. A department is considering to maintain their worker data using SQL to stroe the data. As a Database Administrator, Karan has decided that:
Name of the database –Department
Name of the table –Worker
The attributes of Workeer are as follows:
WORKER_ID – CHARACTER OF SIZE 3
FIRST_NAME – CHARACTER OF SIZE 10
LAST_NAME – CHARACTER OF SIZE 10
SALARY – NUMERIC
JOINING_DATE – DATE
Attempt any 3 of the following-
i) Karan wants to remove all the data from table WORKER from the database department. Which command will he use from the following:
a) DELETE FROM WORKER;
b) DROP TABLE WORKER;
c) DROP DATABASE Department;
d) DELETE * FROM WORKER;
ii) Identify the attribute best suitable to be declared as a primary key.
iii) Karan wants to increase the size of the FIRST_NAME column from 10 to 20 characters. Write an appropriate query to change the size.
iv) Write a query to display the structure of the table Worker, i.e. name of the attribute and their respective data types.
16. Write the output of the SQL queries (i) to (iii) based on the table: Employee
i) SELECT SUM(SALARY) FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE GENDER=’F’ AND DEPT =’SALES’;
ii) SELECT MAX(DOB), MIN(DOB) FROM EMPLOYEE;
iii) SELECT GENDER, COUNT(*) FROM EMPLOYEE GROUP BY GENDER;
17. Consider the table TEACHER given below. Write commands in SQL for (i) to (iii)
Attempt the following –
i) To display all information about teachers of Female PGT Teachers.
ii) To list names, departments and date of hiring of all the teachers in descending order of date of joining.
iii) To count the number of teachers and sum of their salary department wise.
Part B (SECTION – III)
18. Success Institution is an educational organisation. It is planning to set up its India campus at Nepal with its head office at Mumbai. The Nepal campus has 4 main buildings- ADMIN, ENGINEERING, BUSINESS and MEDIA.
You as a network expert have to suggest the best network related solutions for their problems raised in (i) to (iv), keeping in mind the distance between the buildings and other given parameters.
Shortest distance between various buildings.
|ADMIN to ENGINEERING||50 M|
|ADMIN to BUSINESS||80 M|
|ADMIN to MEDIA||45 M|
|ENGINEERING to BUSINESS||60 M|
|ENGINEERING to MEDIA||145 M|
|BUSINESS to MEDIA||50 M|
|Mumbai Head Office To Nepal Campus||2175 KM|
Number of Computers installed at various buildings are as follows:
|Building||No. of Computers installed|
|MUMBAI HEAD OFFICE||5|
i) Suggest the most appropriate location of the server inside the Nepal Campus(out of 4 buildings), to get the best connectivity for maximum number of computers. Justify your answer.
ii) Suggest and draw the cable layout to efficiently connect various buildings within the Nepal Campus for connecting the computers.
iii) Which hardware device will you suggest to be procured by the company to be installed to protect and control the Internet uses within the campus.
iv) Which of the following will you suggest to establish the online face-to-face communication between the people in the ADMIN office of Nepal Campus and Mumbai Head Office?
d) Text Chat
19. Consider the tables Watches and Sale given below and answer the following questions.
Write the SQL command for the following statements:
i) To display total quantity in store of unisex type watches.
ii) To display watch name and their quantity sold in first quarter.
Give the output for the following SQL queries:
i) SELECT WATCH_NAME, PRICE , TYPE FROM WATCHES W, SALE S WHERE W.WATCHID=S.WATCHID;
ii) SELECT WATCH_NAME, QTY_STORE , SUM(QTY_SOLD), FROM WATCHES W, SALE S WHERE W.WATCHID = S.WATCHID GROUP BY S.WATCHID
Source: KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN, RAIPUR REGION