Information Technology Sample Paper Class 11 Term-1 2021-22
Subject Code: 802
Max. Time Allowed: 90 Minutes
Max. Marks: 30
1. This Question Paper is divided into 03 sections, viz., Section A, Section B and Section C.
2. Section A is of 05 marks and has 06 questions on Employability Skills.
3. Section B is of 20 marks and has 25 questions on Subject Specific Skills.
4. Section C is of 05 marks and has 07 competency-based questions.
Answer any 5 questions out of the given 6 questions on Employability Skills (1 x 5 = 5 marks)
1. ___________________ is the final component in the process of communication as it defines the response given by the receiver to the sender.
c) Feedback ✓
2. Select the answer that describes assertive way of communication
When walking into a crowded room:
a) I want to hide my face.
b) I don’t mind pushing my way through the crowd.
c) I may push someone out of my way and then blame it on someone else.
d) I smile and say “hi” to others and respect other people’s space. ✓
3. Having conscious knowledge of your own self, capabilities, feelings and one’s own character is called _________.
a) Self-awareness ✓
4. ___________________refers to focusing human efforts for maintaining a healthy body and mind capable of better withstanding stressful situations
a) Mental Health
b) Emotional Health
d) Stress Management ✓
5. Undo, cut, copy and paste are __________ commands.
b) Edit ✓
6. A ______________is a software program that attaches itself to other programs and alters their behavior.
a) Operating system
d) Computer Virus ✓
Answer any 20 questions out of the given 25 questions (1 x 20 = 20 marks)
7. BIOS stands for
a) Basic Input Output system ✓
b) Binary Input output system
c) Basic Input Off system
d) all the above
8. Which of the following is not the characteristic of ROM:
a) It is generally used in startup operations of computer.
b) It is a non-volatile
c) Read Only Memory
d) It is generally placed between CPU and Primary memory and acts as a buffer. ✓
9. 4 EB = ____________MB
d) 4,000,000MB ✓
10. The software designed to perform a specific task:
a) Synchronous Software
b) Package Software
c) Application Software ✓
d) System Software
11. An operating system that allows several processors to perform computation as the same time is call:
a) Single Program
c) Multiprocessing ✓
d) Real Time Processing
12. What is a Firewall in Computer Network?
a) The physical boundary of Network
b) An operating System of Computer Network
c) A system designed to prevent unauthorized access ✓
d) A web browsing Software
13. A device used to connect dissimilar networks is called
d) gateway ✓
14. NIC stands for____________.
a) new internet card
b) network internet card
c) net interact card
d) network interface card ✓
15. ____________address is a unique 12 digit that never changes
b) MAC ✓
d) Internet, ip address
16. Suppose you mention a URL in the web-browser to visit a website. The browser first checks your computer to find if the IP address of the server is present. If this address is present then with the help of this address, the corresponding server is contacted and then the website opens in your browser. This process is called
a) Digital literacy
b) Remote login
c) Domain Name Resolution ✓
d) None of the above
17. The term HTTP stands for?
a) Hyper terminal tracing program
b) Hypertext tracing protocol
c) Hypertext transfer protocol ✓
d) Hypertext transfer program
18. All nodes are connected with every other node in this network topology.
b) Mesh ✓
19. This layer is a host to Internet layer and is responsible for adding the header containing the sender and receiver physical address to the packets.
a) Application layer
b) Link layer ✓
c) Transport layer
d) Internet layer
20. In a Multi-National company Mr. A steals Mr. B’s intellectual work and representing it as A’s own work without citing the source of information, which kind of act this activity be termed as?
a) Cyber bullying
b) Plagiarism ✓
c) Cyber Theft
21. ‘Insert -> Page Break’ is used to insert
a) A break in a page
b) A new page ✓
c) A new sheet
d) A new break
22. The intersection of a row and a column in a spreadsheet is known as ——
b) Cell ✓
23. When the text is printed or typed lengthwise, it is called
a) Landscape ✓
d) None of these
24. Reema needs to calculate marks in all 5 subjects, which of the following option will help her get the total marks in b6.
iii) b6 = sum(B1,B5)
iv) b6 = b1+b2+b3+b4+b5
a) i, iii
b) ii, iv ✓
25. Gridlines are
i) vertical lines that you can see in a Calc spreadsheet
ii) horizontal lines that you can see in a Calc spreadsheet
iii) vertical and horizontal lines that you can see in a Calc spreadsheet
iv) printed automatically
a) i, iv
b) ii, iv
c) iii, iv
d) iii ✓
26. Special effects used to introduce slides in a presentation are called
b) custom animations
c) transitions ✓
d) present animations
27. In a presentation
a) Sound clips can be inserted but not movie clips
b) Movie clips can be inserted but not sound clips
c) Both cannot be inserted
d) Both can be inserted ✓
28. If you want to repeat the actions multiple times in spreadsheet, you just need to
a) create a template
b) create a macro ✓
c) sort the data
d) filter the data
29. Which of the following is not a type of page margin?
c) Center ✓
30. When working in the page break preview, you can
a) view exactly where each page break occurs
b) add or remove page breaks
c) change the print area
d) all of the above ✓
31. _________________ displays slides on a page as seen when printed.
a) View -> Slide Sorter
b) View -> Slide Show
c) View -> Notes Page
d) View -> Handout Page ✓
(COMPETENCY BASED QUESTIONS)
Answer any 5 questions out of the given 7 questions (1 x 5 = 5 marks)
32. Ravi received a mail from IRS department on clicking “Click –Here”, he was taken to a site designed to imitate an official looking website, such as IRS.gov. He uploaded some important information on it. Identify the cybercrime being discussed in the above scenario.
c) Cyber Theft
d) Phishing ✓
33. Seema is unable to connect to the Network. The possible reasons could be
i) Check the validity of the IP address of your system
ii) Fly lead could be faulty or damaged.
iii) The Network Card is Not Working Properly
iv) Check Audio Player Controls
a) i, ii, iii ✓
b) ii, iii
c) i, iv
d) All of them
34. An organization is planning to connect its new office in Delhi, which is more than 1250 km current location. Which type of network will be formed?
c) WAN ✓
35. Which feature is used to make selected sentence to All Capital Letters or All Small Letters?
a) Change Letter
b) Change Sentence
c) Change Case ✓
d) Change Word
36. =$A$3 is an example of
a) Absolute address ✓
b) Relative address
c) Mixed address
d) None of these
37. _________________allows making changes in appearance of the slides, applying changes to all slides in the presentation.
a) Normal view
b) Slide sorter
c) Slide master ✓
38. Beena wants to see the how the document will look before printing, she should open __________tab
a) Edit -> Page Preview
b) File -> Page Preview ✓
c) File -> Print Preview
d) Edit -> Page Preview