402 Information Technology Class 10 Sample Question Paper 2022-23
Max. Time: 2 Hours Max. Marks: 50
(1) This Question Paper consists of 21 questions in two sections: Section A & Section B.
(2) Section A has Objective type questions whereas Section B contains Subjective type questions.
(3) Out of the given (5 + 16 =) 21 questions, a candidate has to answer (5 + 10 =) 15 questions.
(4) All questions of a particular section must be attempted in the correct order.
SECTION A – OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS (24 MARKS):
(i) This section has 05 questions.
(ii) Marks allotted are mentioned against each question/part.
(iii) There is no negative marking.
(iv) Do as per the instructions given.
SECTION B – SUBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS (26 MARKS):
(i) This section has 16 questions.
(ii) A candidate has to do 10 questions.
(iii) Do as per the instructions given.
SECTION A: OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS
1. Answer any 4 out of the given 6 questions on Employability Skills (1 x 4 = 4 marks)
i) __________ operating system enables multiple users to work on the same computer at different times or simultaneously.
ii) ___________ is a series of postures and breathing exercises practiced to achieve control of body and mind.
b) Nature Walk
d) Physical Exercise
iii) From the following statements, which one is not correct about the Qualities of an entrepreneur
a) Successful entrepreneurs adapt the habit of hard work from a very early stage.
b) Entrepreneur should not think optimistically about the future of the business.
c) Confident entrepreneur must not deviate from his/her decisions too early in case success is delayed.
d) Entrepreneurs like to function at their own will and rules.
iv) To remove the files of temporary folder, we type _____________ in Run dialog box after pressing “Windows button + R” on the keyboard.
v) __________ is not the quality of self-confident people.
b) Positive Attitude
c) Hard Working
vi) From the following statements, which one is not the positive impact of Entrepreneurship on society:
a) Stimulates Innovation and Efficiency
b) Creates Jobs and Employment Opportunities
c) Solves the problems of the society
d) Discourages welfare of the society
2. Answer any 5 out of the given 6 questions (1 x 5 = 5 marks)
i) __________ key is used to reduce repetitive strain.
ii) _________ means that the query uses criteria you provide to hide some data and display only required data.
iii) Which of the following application is not appropriate to store data about ABC Bank customers?
a) Open Office Base
b) Open Office Writer
c) MS Access
d) MS Excel
iv) When you open a new spreadsheet, by default, it has a sheet named ________ which is managed using tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
d) New Sheet
v) In a word processor, ____________ option is selected for a scaled resizing of an image.
a) Original Size
b) Image Size
c) Keep ratio
vi) Multiple copies of the same file leads to _________.
a) Data Inconsistency
b) Data Redundancy
c) Data Consistency
d) Foreign Key
3. Answer any 5 out of the given 6 questions (1 x 5 = 5 marks)
i) It is a reference point for the graphics which is created while positioning any image. This point could be the page, or frame where the object is either a paragraph, or even a character in a word processor.
a) Wrap Text
ii) Identify the property which help to set the number of characters in text/ varchar type field of a table in DBMS.
a) Entry Required
c) Default Value
iii) __________ is designed to help users with auditory impairments.
a) Sound Sentry
b) Serial key
c) High Contrast
d) Show Sounds
iv) State whether True or False:
“It is not possible to create a default template in a Word processor”.
v) Reviewers and authors can add their ______ to explain their changes in the cell of Spreadsheet.
vi) In Calc, Arguments passed to a macro from Calc are always ___________.
a) Cell Reference
c) Both a and b
d) Sheet Reference
4. Answer any 5 out of the given 6 questions (1 x 5 = 5 marks)
i) Identify the website that offers offline blog service for free.
d) both a and b
ii) John has written a book consisting of fifteen chapters. He wanted to make the index of the book. Suggest him the option used to create the index automatically in a word processor.
c) Mail Merge
d) Table of Content
iii) The length of the field value of text data type is _____ characters by default in DBMS.
iv) A healthy lifestyle helps to keep and improve people’s health and well-being. It does not include:
a) healthy eating habits
b) physical activities
c) stress management
d) less sleep
v) In a spreadsheet using to create a hyperlink to a web FTP or Telnet, click on the __________ icon available in Hyperlink dialog box.
d) mail & news
vi) A _________ refers to a cell or a range of cells on a worksheet and can be used to find the values or data that you want formula to calculate.
a) Cell reference
b) Sheet Reference
5. Answer any 5 out of the given 6 questions (1 x 5 = 5 marks)
i) Identify the mode, where we can modify in the structure of table?
a) Datasheet view
b) Design view
c) Structure view
d) All of the above
ii) BSNL stands for _____________________.
a) Bihar Sanchar Nigam Limited
b) Bharat Samachar Nigam Limited
c) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
d) None of the above
iii) ________ function takes data from a series of worksheets or workbooks and summaries it into a single worksheet that you can update easily.
a) Data Combination
b) Data Consolidation
c) Data Merging
d) Data Concatenation
iv) __________ store data in a single table which is suitable to store less amount of Data.
a) Flat File
c) Mini File
d) Single File
v) In a word processor, by default, evaluates ________ levels of headings when it builds the table of contents.
vi) In ________________ Networks, all computers have an equal status and each terminal has an equally competent CPU.
c) Client Server
SECTION B: SUBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS
Answer any 3 out of the given 5 questions on Employability Skills (2 x 3 = 6 marks) Answer each question in 20 – 30 words.
6.What are the advantages of the ability to Work Independently?
7. Name the Stress causal agents.
8. What do you mean by Disk Defragmentation?
9. Explain any two Myths about Entrepreneurship.
10. Write any four roles of Entrepreneurs.
Answer any 4 out of the given 6 questions in 20 – 30 words each (2 x 4 = 8 marks)
11. State any two purposes of using Templates in a word document.
12. Mention any two operations that can be performed using Macros in a spreadsheet.
13. What do you mean by Hyperlinks in Spreadsheets? Give the two different types of Hyperlinks that can be used in Spreadsheets.
14. List Numeric and Alphanumeric Datatypes in OpenOffice Base.
15. Differentiate between Filter keys and Toggle keys in Microsoft Windows.
16. In which situations Online shopping could be useful? Write any two popular ecommerce websites.
Answer any 3 out of the given 5 questions in 50– 80 words each (4 x 3 = 12 marks)
17. Anshita is preparing spreadsheet notes for her Term Exam. Help her to write short note on the following:
ii) Goal Seek
18. Tanmay is a Class X student. He has learnt Mail Merge option of a Word Processor in his computer period. But he is confused with few terms used to merge documents. Explain the following briefly, which will help Tanmay better understand the Mail Merge options.
i) Merge Field
ii) Data Source
iii) Main Document
iv) Mention two types of data on which mail merge can be applied.
19. Consider the following table: Sales
i) How many fields and records are there in Sales table?
ii) Write SQL commands for the following:
a) Display Sales ID and price of all products whose discount is more than 1000.
b) Display the details alphabetically by product name.
c) Display product name and sales price after deducting the discount from the price.
Note: Sales price can be calculated as (price-discount)
20. Your friend owns a chemist shop, he needs to keep records of the medicines with their id’s, date of purchase, expiry date, price, etc. in a database program. But he does not have any knowledge about the database. Explain to him the following to get a better understanding of the DBMS concepts.
i) What is DBMS? Explain in brief.
ii) Name any two database programs which can be used to create a table and store the data as per the requirement.
iii) Which field can be set as a Primary Key?
iv) Is it possible to make more than one field as a primary key in your table? (Yes/No). Justify your answer.
21. Vicky is a student of class X. He used to get the work based on internet surfing, But he is not aware of the internet and its terminology. Being a friend of Vicky, help him in finding the answers of the following questions.
i) What do you mean by Internet Service Provider?
ii) Expand the following terms:
iii) Mention any two advantages of Networking.
iv) What is a Blog? Name any two Online Blogs.
A passionate blogger and author of this website having 10+ years of experience in education sector as a CS faculty. His expertise in Python, C++, Java, MySQL, MongoDB and Artificial intelligence. […]