CBSE Half Yearly Sample Paper 2020-21 Biology for class 11
Half Yearly Examination (2020-21)
Time: 3:00 hours
All questions are compulsory.
(Q-1 to Q-11 is of 1 mark each)
- Expand PPLO. What is its other name?
- Give the name of organism which has sting cell (Nematocyte).
- Which kingdom comprises of single celled eukaryotes only?
- What is the mode of reproduction in bacteria?
- Define coelomate and acoelomate animals and give example of each.
- Define the Virion and Viroids
- What is the difference between DNA and RNA on the basis of nitrogenous base?
- Why is mitosis called equational devision?
- What are acidic amino acids ? Give an example.
- Which is largest single cell ?
- Name the flat worm that has regeneration capacity.
(Q-12 to Q-21 is of 2 marks each)
- Write the phylum of following animals
- Cockroach b) Unio c) Jelly fish d) Planaria
- How does cytokinesis in animal cells differ from plant cells?
- What is Clitellum and its location in earthworm?
- Match the following terms given in coloumns A and B
- Pharyngeal Nepheridia plant cell
- Blue green algae Somatic cell
- Mitosis Earthworm
- Chloroplast Monera
- Explain S-phase of interphase of cell cycle.
- Why do we call the earthworm “The friend of farmer”?
- Write short note on –
- Notochord b) Insects
Write a short note on chromosome.
- What is cell theory and who gave it?
- Explain prosthetic groups.
- Following scientists are famous for?
- Janssen and Janssen
- Antony Van Leeuwenhock
(Q-22 to Q-29 is of 3 marks each)
- What is Binomial Nomenclature? Give the scientific name of Mustard plant and Domestic Cat.
- Write the distinct characteristic of kingdom fungi.
Differentiate between open and close circulation with one example of each.
- Draw a diagram of Paramecium and label it.
- What is Lysosome? Why is it called the suicide bag of cell?
- Draw a well-labelled diagram of nucleus of cell.
- What are fatty acids? What are their characteristics?
- Distinguish between Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cell.
- Explain saturated and non saturated fats.
(Q-30 to Q-32 is of 5 marks each)
- Describe primary, secondary and tertiary structure of protein.
Draw a well-labelled neat and clean diagram of plant cell.
- Describe the detail structure and function of Mitochondria with diagram.
- Draw the diagrams to explain stages of mitosis cell division.
Give the characteristics of the phylum in which honey bee is grouped.