2022-23 Informatics Practices Sample Paper Class 12
TIME: 3 /HOURS M.M.70
(1) This question paper contains five sections, Section A to E.
(2) All questions are compulsory.
(3) Section A have 18 questions carrying 01 mark each.
(4) Section B has 07 Very Short Answer type questions carrying 02 marks each.
(5) Section C has 05 Short Answer type questions carrying 03 marks each.
(6) Section D has 03 Long Answer type questions carrying 05 marks each.
(7) Section E has 02 questions carrying 04 marks each. One internal choice is given in Q35 against part c only.
(8) All programming questions are to be answered using Python Language only.
1. Television cable network is an example of:
2. Which of the following is not a type of cyber crime?
i) Data theft
ii) Installing antivirus for protection
iv) Cyber bullying
3. What is an example of e-waste?
i) A ripened mango
ii) Unused old shoes
iii) Unused old computers
iv) Empty cola cans
4. Which type of values will not be considered by SQL while executing the following statement?
SELECT COUNT(column name) FROM inventory;
i) Numeric value
ii) text value
iii) Null value
iv) Date value
5. If column “Fees” contains the data set (5000,8000,7500,5000,8000), what will be the output after the execution of the given query.
SELECT SUM (DISTINCT Fees) FROM student;
6. ‘O’ in FOSS stands for:
7. Which SQL statement do we use to find out the total number of records present in the table ORDERS?
i) SELECT * FROM ORDERS;
ii) SELECT COUNT (*) FROM ORDERS;
iii) SELECT FIND (*) FROM ORDERS;
iv) SELECT SUM () FROM ORDERS;
8. Which one of the following is not an aggregate function?
9. Which one of the following functions is used to find the largest value from the given data in MySQL?
i) MAX( )
ii) MAXIMUM( )
iii) BIG( )
iv) LARGE( )
10. To display last five rows of a series object ‘S’, you may write:
11. Which of the following statement will import pandas library?
i) Import pandas as pd
ii) import Pandas as py
iii) import pandas as pd
iv) import panda as pd
12. Which of the following can be used to specify the data while creating a DataFrame?
ii) List of Dictionaries
iii) Structured ndarray
iv) All of these
13. Which amongst the following is not an example of a browser?
14. In SQL, which function is used to display current date and time?
i) Date ()
ii) Time ()
iii) Current ()
iv) Now ()
15. Legal term to describe the rights of a creator of original creative or artistic work is:
16. __________is the trail of data we leave behind when we visit any website (or use any online application or portal) to fill-in data or perform any transaction.
i) Offline phishing
ii) Offline footprint
iii) Digital footprint
iv) Digital phishing
Q 17 and 18 are ASSERTION AND REASONING based questions. Mark the correct choice as
i) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation for A
ii) Both A and R are true and R is not the correct explanation for A
iii) A is True but R is False
iv) A is false but R is True
17. Assertion (A): – Internet cookies are text files that contain small pieces of data, like a username, password and user’s preferences while surfing the internet.
Reasoning (R):- To make browsing the Internet faster & easier, its required to store certain information on the server’s computer.
18. Assertion (A):- DataFrame has both a row and column index.
Reasoning (R): – A DataFrame is a two-dimensional labelled data structure like a table of MySQL.
19. Explain the terms Web page and Home Page.
Mention any four networking goals.
20. Rashmi, a database administrator needs to display house wise total number of records of ‘Red’ and ‘Yellow’ house. She is encountering an error while executing the following query:
SELECT HOUSE, COUNT (*) FROM STUDENT GROUP BY HOUSE WHERE HOUSE=’RED’ OR HOUSE= ‘YELLOW’;
Help her in identifying the reason of the error and write the correct query by suggesting the possible correction (s).
21. What is the purpose of Order By clause in SQL? Explain with the help of suitable example.
22. Write a program to create a series object using a dictionary that stores the number of students in each house of class 12D of your school.
Note: Assume four house names are Beas, Chenab, Ravi and Satluj having 18, 2, 20, 18 students respectively and pandas library has been imported as pd.
23. List any four benefits of e-waste management.
Mention any four net etiquettes.
24. What will be the output of the following code:
>>>import pandas as pd
25. Carefully observe the following code:
import pandas as pd
Answer the following:
(i) List the index of the DataFrame df
(ii) List the column names of DataFrame df.
26. Write outputs for SQL queries (i) to (iii) which are based on the given table PURCHASE:
i) SELECT LENGTH(CNAME) FROM PURCHASE WHERE QUANTITY>100;
ii) SELECT CNAME FROM PURCHASE WHERE MONTH(DOP)=3;
iii) SELECT MOD (QUANTITY, DAY(DOP)) FROM PURCHASE WHERE CITY= ‘CHANDIGARH’;
27. Write a Python code to create a DataFrame with appropriate column headings from the list given below:
28. Consider the given DataFrame ‘Stock’:
|2||Diary of a wimpy kid||225|
Write suitable Python statements for the following:
i) Add a column called Special_Price with the following data: [135, 150, 200, 440].
ii) Add a new book named ‘The Secret’ having price 800.
iii) Remove the column Special_Price.
29. Nadar has recently shifted to a new city and school. She does not know many people in her new city and school. But all of a sudden, someone is posting negative, demeaning comments on her social networking profile etc. She is also getting repeated mails from unknown people. Every time she goes online, she finds someone chasing her online.
i) What is this happening to Nadar?
ii) What immediate action should she take to handle it?
iii) Is there any law in India to handle such issues? Discuss briefly.
What do you understand by plagiarism? Why is it a punishable offence? Mention any two ways to avoid plagiarism.
30. Based on table STUDENT given here, write suitable SQL queries for the following:
i) Display gender wise highest marks.
ii) Display city wise lowest marks.
iii) Display total number of male and female students.
Discuss the significance of Group by clause in detail with the help of suitable example.
31. Write suitable SQL query for the following:
i) Display 7 characters extracted from 7th left character onwards from the string ‘INDIA SHINING’.
ii) Display the position of occurrence of string ‘COME’ in the string ‘WELCOME WORLD’.
iii) Round off the value 23.78 to one decimal place.
iv) Display the remainder of 100 divided by 9.
v) Remove all the expected leading and trailing spaces from a column userid of the table ‘USERS’.
Explain the following SQL functions using suitable examples.
32. Prime Computer services Ltd. is an international educational organization. It is planning to set up its India campus at Mumbai with its head office in Delhi. The Mumbai office campus has four main buildings-ADMIN, ACCOUNTS, EXAMINATION and RESULT.
You as a network expert have to suggest the best network related solutions for their problems raised in (i) to (v), keeping in mind the distances between the buildings and other given parameters.
Shortest distances between various buildings:
|ADMIN TO ACCOUNTS||55 m|
|ADMIN TO EXAMINATION||90 m|
|ADMIN TO RESULT||50 m|
|ACCOUNTS TO EXAMINATION||55 m|
|ACCOUNTS TO RESULT||50 m|
|EXAMINATION TO RESULT||45 m|
|DELHI Head Office to MUMBAI campus||2150 Km|
Number of computers installed at various buildings are as follows:
|DELHI HEAD OFFICE||20|
i) Suggest the most appropriate location of the server inside the MUMBAI campus (out of the four buildings) to get the best connectivity for maximum number of computers. Justify your answer.
ii) Suggest and draw cable layout to efficiently connect various buildings within the MUMBAI campus for a wired connectivity.
iii) Which networking device will you suggest to be procured by the company to interconnect all the computers of various buildings of MUMBAI campus?
iv) Company is planning to get its website designed which will allow students to see their results after registering themselves on its server. Out of the static or dynamic, which type of website will you suggest?
v) Which of the following will you suggest to establish the online face to face communication between the people in the ADMIN office of Mumbai campus and Delhi head office?
a) Cable TV
c) Video conferencing
d) Text chat
33. Write Python code to plot a bar chart for India’s medal tally as shown below:
Also give suitable python statement to save this chart.
Write a python program to plot a line chart based on the given data to depict the changing weekly average temperature in Delhi for four weeks.
34. Shreya, a database administrator has designed a database for a clothing shop. Help her by writing answers of the following questions based on the given
table: TABLE: CLOTH
i) Write a query to display cloth names in lower case.
ii) Write a query to display the lowest price of the cloths.
iii) Write a query to count total number of cloths purchased of medium size.
OR (Option for part iii only)
Write a query to count year wise total number of cloths purchased.
35. Mr. Som, a data analyst has designed the DataFrame df that contains data about Computer Olympiad with ‘CO1’, ‘CO2’, ‘CO3’, ‘CO4’, ‘CO5’ as indexes shown below. Answer the following questions:
A) Predict the output of the following python statement:
B. Write Python statement to display the data of Topper column of indexes CO2 to CO4.
OR (Option for part iii only)
Write Python statement to compute and display the difference of data of Tot_students column and First_Runnerup column of the above given DataFrame.